Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Something Different for the New Year

Last year this time I was working with Stacy. She was chosen to be apart of my Leave 2010 with No Regrets program. Her goal was to end 2010 living with her purpose in mind and intention as her driving force. I must say, Stacy came a long way. She had to work through some serious issues to get to the core of what she really wanted for her life, but she did that--- and some. She even enlisted a few of her friends and started a group that I have had the pleasure of facilitating throughout this year. We titled the group Purpose Seekers (very original, right.?).

Anyway, it was my pleasure to work with Stacy and her group this year and I look forward to working with them in 2012. Go Stacy!

I’ve decided to do something different this year. Instead of mentoring someone through ending the year strong, I have decided to share with you how I spent 2011 achieving a huge goal of my own. This idea came about after meeting many men and women this year with huge ideas and huge goals but absolutely nothing to show for it. I met a man who ran a multi-million dollar real estate company that went under with the economy. He had an idea for a book on how to survive the housing crisis. I met a women who has successfully self-published five books. She had an idea to host a few workshops on how to successfully self-publish a book. I could tell you more stories about more people with more ideas, but I think you get the point.

Here’s the thing, having huge ideas that you are able to brag about at networking events isn’t enough. I don’t want to hear about what you want to do. I want to see what you are doing. There are some people with well intended ideas and goals, including myself, but if you don’t do something about it, all you will ever have is your idea or goal and not a success story. I use to say intention is everything. However, this year I realized that intentional action is everything.

So, with all of that in mind I have decided to share with you the action I took, in 2011, to take my idea for this blog and expand my business by turning it into programs designed to help motivated men, women, teens, find significant success through simple common sense strategies and systems. Now my goal was a professional one, but I was only able to achieve it by working through some personal issues of my own and following a strategic personal development approach.

I am excited to share so stay tuned…

What goal did you achieve in 2011? What are your intentions for 2012?

To Blog… Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment