Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Alarms, Delays, and You

Today started out like any other.

I expected the alarm clock to wake me up at 6:15 am- and it did.

I expected an automatic groan---from me---in response to the alarm clock waking me up at 6:15am- and I did.

I expected my husband to be the first one out of the bed- and he was.

I did not expect my husband to return to bed because my daughter’s school decided to delay its opening, by 2 hours, due to the weather- but he did.

I turned over and tried to go back to sleep. But I couldn’t. All I could think about is the delay. You see I had big plans for the day. First, I would get the little one off to school. Second, I would blog. Third, I would finish writing the song I started yesterday. Fourth, I would read and return emails. Fifth, I would record a reference of the song I wrote. Sixth, I would prepare for the little one’s return from school. And now, because of the 2 hour delay, more than likely I would not get through the day as planned. But the day will still go on…and what doesn’t get done now, will get done later.

Reason for the story:

To remind you that when unexpected delays happen, your life will still go on. You can choose to get caught up in the delay, or you can move forward with your plans---understanding that a delay is temporary and whatever you have been unable to complete now, you have the ability to revisit and complete later. Just keep moving forward!


To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment