Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Show Me A Sign

Confession… I am a show me a sign kind of girl. In the past… I used to pray to God for a sign before I would make a major decision. I would say God, if this is something I should do, let it rain at 12:30pm. Or…God, if I should go on this trip, let my ticket be free somehow. Let’s just say, it would never rain at 12:30pm, and I have yet to receive free airline tickets in the mail. Now… I continue to pray to God before a major decision. However, my prayer is… God, let my eyes be open to what my life is trying to show me. And…God, let my ears be in tune with what my heart is trying to say. There are signs everywhere. Even when I don’t ask, life speaks. If you follow my blog regularly, you might remember the lesson my grandmom’s Mac & Cheese has taught me. Here’s the thing, there is nothing wrong with wanting a sign. But for some the, the obvious is never obvious. Don’t ignore the small signs while looking for the miracle. Your life speaks to you daily. Losing your breath while running up the small flight of stairs in your home; is a sign that you need to exercise. If you keep asking your why does this keep happening to me, that is a sign that you need to change your pattern of behavior. Allow every opportunity, every misstep, and every turn of event to speak to you. There is a lesson in living! What obvious sign have you ignored lately? How much different would your life be if you looked a past mistake as a lesson? What has your life already said to you today? To Blog…Nakeia

3 comments:

  1. It's called "Paying Attention to Life". Something that not enough of us do.

    Good post.

    ~ g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading Brother Gee!
    I too neglected to "pay attention to life" for many years...then my eyes were opened to certain cycles and repeat offenses...and I got the picture!

    Best of Everything~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I also read the "Mac & Cheese" thing and that was brilliant.

    I have one other comment regarding "Show Me..". The sentence "If you keep asking yourself 'why does this keep happening to me?', that is a sign that you need to change your pattern of behavior" is right on the money. The Lesson will be continuously presented to us until we recognize what is being offered and undertake to learn the Lesson.

    You do have a particular gift when it comes to communication via the written word. The fact that you wish to use your gift to serve humanity (and not yourself) is encouraging. In a blogosphere hopelessly overcrowded with far too many babies-weddings-today-I-did-nothing blogs, coming across a blog like yours is a breath of fresh air.

    Be Well.

    ~ g

    ReplyDelete