Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

To Blog...or...Not to Blog

For as long as I can remember, my mouth has always gotten me into trouble. I was the girl that the teacher had to move from one side of the classroom to the next because I would banter with the other students. My report card would read: “Nakeia is a bright student. She just needs to learn how to refrain from distracting the others during class”. Even in grade school, I thought that what I had to say was important…so important…it couldn’t wait until the bell rang! I am proud to say that I have grown up a bit. No more “talking out of turn”. Now, talking is a huge part of my career. I have put my words to music as a published song writer, written a book based on my experience in social work and belief in behavior modification, and as a personal development speaker and consultant.

Just like in grade school, I still believe that what I have to say is important. Words are my most powerful tool. I have spent years developing the way I use my words to empower people to change their lives. I have been encouraged to blog for years. I follow the blogs of some of my friends, the nation’s top speakers, and political analysts. I just didn’t think that what I had to say fit the typical format of a blog. Then, I started posting my day to day thoughts on some social networking sites. People I knew personally and some I had never met would comment and some would even send me a personal message asking for advice and encouragement.

Thus…my decision to blog. I have come to discover that not only the words I say in the form of songs, books and speeches are important. My daily bantering about life, love, and spirituality may be just as important to someone searching for encouragement, confirmation, or just something to think about.

So, as I venture into the world of blogging, you are welcome read, comment (good or bad), ask questions, and most importantly....think!

To Blog…Nakeia

2 comments:

  1. This is so awesome. I know God has great things in store for you and your family. Continue to seek his will, and you will be blessed.
    Matthew 6:33 "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

    Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

    ReplyDelete