Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

This is My Confession...

Liar, liar pants on fire!
You can’t handle the truth!
There’s nothing wrong with a little white lie.
The truth hurts.
You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free.
Confession is good for the soul
.


Why do people lie---really?


...Most of the time the truth ends up coming out anyway. At least that has always been the case for me. I would be lying if I said that I don’t lie. Like when there is a lightning storm and my daughter asks me if I am scared. I always say no but the truth is I am terrified of lightning storms. Of course I can’t tell her that because that would scare her. Or---and this is a bad one---like the time I told my grand-mom that a cart hit her brand new car. The truth is a backed into a pole because I wasn’t paying attention to my driving. She still doesn’t know the truth. So it is a good thing that she refuses to use the internet! That was thirteen years ago so please don’t judge me…


The kinds of lies that have always amazed me are the ones we tell to ourselves. How can you lie to yourself---you were there, you were the one who experienced it, you were the one who did it---you know the truth! As crazy as it sounds, we do it all the time. We say that we were busy, when the truth is we were procrastinating. We say we are too tired, when the truth is we are lazy. We say we want to change, when the truth is we are comfortable with things staying the same.


The truth may hurt sometimes, especially the ones we have to face about ourselves. But the hurt will be overshadowed by your new found freedom. Sometimes the truth will be so hard to handle you will feel like your whole world is on fire and not just your pants (I just had to throw that in there). Little white lies you tell yourself keep you detached from reality and you will spend the rest of your life dreaming about what you want to have instead of experiencing it.


Confession is truly good for your soul. I feel much better now that I have told the truth about what I did to my grand-mom’s car. I don’t know if I will tell her yet, but this is about being truthful with ourselves anyway---right? Yeah, that’s it…


Make today National Tell the Truth to Myself Day! Be honest with the one who matters the most---be honest with you. If you have been feeling stuck or like something has been holding you back, it is probably because the lies you have been telling yourself are preventing you from moving forward. Face the truth and be free.

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment