Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Tips Week Day 3

I have come to realize that everything is not going to always go according to plan. No matter how much time you put into researching and planning, things happen. This is especially true for entrepreneurs. When you provide a service, the success of your business is dependant upon the skillful execution of your well thought out business plan. However there are times when your must do list exceeds the amount of hours in a day. For those who are employed by someone else, I am sure that you can relate to that as well. On top of your obligations at work, there is still the house, kids, and spouse to attend to.

As I said in Tip #1, I like to plan my life by the week. That works for me because I am able to assign my many responsibilities to a specific day and not get overwhelmed by what needs to be done before the week is over. Even though, by Sunday evening, I know what I will be doing everyday for the next 7 days, during the week new responsibilities are presented. For instance, a potential client will call and I may have to stop what I am doing and put together a proposal. Here is where today’s tip comes into play.

Tip #3
Pick up where you left off. Don’t stress over the things that you didn’t get done today. Put in on tomorrow’s list. In fact, I leave my Friday mornings free just for catching up. Whatever I don’t get through during the course of the week, I move it to Friday morning and pick up right where I left off. The best thing that you can do to remain productive is not to get overwhelmed. Things happen. Sometimes even the best plans need to be altered. Just learn to work with the plan and not against it.

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment