Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me

So...today is mY BirThDay!!!

I am proud to say that I am excited to be turning a year older...I will keep the number of that year to myself for now...but I am excited nonetheless.

It hasn't always been that way for me. I started dreading my birthday at around 25 years old. I saw my life flash before my eyes and because I wasn't excited about what I saw, I began to resent my birthday. Then reality hit me a few years back when I learned of a classmate that had just lost her battle with breast cancer. That was devastating to me. I didn't know her that well but I heard she had a husband and child just like me...that could have been me...

To waste my birthday crying over not having the car, house, job, hair, body, and skin I wanted was ridiculous when there are people that are not even fortunate enough to see another year of life... That fact came full circle for me when I learned that a childhood friend had just died of a heart attack last week.

So...today in celebration of my birthday I say to HeCk with all of the nonsense over my looks, money, and material possessions! I am grateful to God for my life! I will spend the next year of my life, growing more, loving more, laughing more, achieving more, inspiring more, and just living more...

Celebrate Life today...you only get one!

To Blog...Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment