Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Tired of Waiting

I use to hate waiting. I was the most impatient person I know. If I was on the phone with someone and they ask to me to hold on, I would hang up…immediately (now-a-days…not so immediately). I scheduled meetings around traffic patterns so that I would not be forced to wait in a major car pile-up (I still do). I try to only go to restaurants that allow me to make a reservation so that I don’t have to wait for a table (Ok…I still do this too). I use to get to the movie theater 15 minutes after show time just so that I can avoid waiting for the previews to end so the movie can start(this one, I have overcome)…well, anyway, you get the point…

This is an area of my life that I have struggled with for as long as I can remember. Patience is a virtue that I pray for daily and I am pleased to say that I have developed a simple method to my impatient madness. This is going to blow your mind…here it is…I do something while I am waiting! That’s it! That is my development. I do something while I wait

For those of you that have been following my blogs, you may remember my Do Something (TM) principal. It is a simple principal that is based, in part, on the fact that doing something will always get you further than doing nothing. By definition, to wait is to stay put or do nothing, for a period of time, while you are expecting something to happen. It also means to look out for something or to be hopeful that something will happen. Finally, to wait could also mean to be ready or available for someone to take or use.

What I find to be quite profound is all of the things that I have been able to accomplish while in my waiting period. I discovered my ability to write and arrange songs, speak in a way that would empower people to change their lives, and learned to apply specialized makeup that enhances a person’s natural beauty, all while waiting to graduate college. Those discoveries led me to start 3 successful businesses. I didn’t set out to do any of those things. I was just using my natural abilities to do something and be a productive college student. Now, years later, I am still at it!

Some of you have been discouraged by your waiting period. Some of you are just like me and have asked the question…will it ever happen for me? Honestly, there are still some major things that I am waiting on. But while I am waiting, I am also doing something…anything that may get me 1 step closer to where I am destined to be.

I encourage you today to do something while in your waiting period. Don’t give up! You will discover new abilities and talents that you possess. New ideas will formulate. New windows of opportunity will present itself. To wait is to expect…and to expect is to receive!


To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment