Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Someone is Always Watching...

I had two reminders this week that someone is always watching me…

1. As I was preparing to stuff my mouth with birthday cake for the 3rd day this week, a friend and fellow gym mate says to me girl you are really slimming down. I replied with a quick thanks for noticing. She also said I gotta get back in the gym. For a very brief second I thought to myself maybe I’ve had enough cake this week. I thought about the fact that I had actually taken my measurements that morning and proudly documented the decline in the inches around my hips, thighs, and waist. But birthday cake is my favorite kind of cake! So… I ate it anyway. This morning I had another thought to myself. I thought what if that cake goes straight to my hips?! My friend will notice and will probably reminder that piece of cake I ate as we chatted it up…

2. I received a call from someone that wanted to encourage me to continue blogging. She explained that she has added my blog to her daily routine and uses it to mentally prepare for her day. She said, I used yesterday’s blog as part of a discussion with a friend. I thought to myself…Wow... not only is my blog reaching my readers, but it goes beyond the pages to reach those that are interacting with my readers. The caller ended our conversation by saying she was excited about what I was writing and assured me that she is always looking out for my next entry…

Someone is always watching…looking to see if we succeed and counting on our testimony of success…

You must succeed not only for you, but for those who are inspired and ultimately empowered by you. When you feel like you have gone as far as you can go and are carrying as much weight as you can handle, think of those who are standing in the shadows and feeling afraid to even take the first step. Think of those that are waiting for you to turn the corner and pass on the baton. You have silent supporters…people that you may not see everyday or even know personally, but who believe in your ability to succeed.

Now that you know that someone maybe watching you; move forward with intention and determination. They may be counting on you to succeed so that they can be inspired to try a hand at success themselves.

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment