Pages

Monday, August 23, 2010

Love (The Series) Part 1

When I fall in love it will be forever
Or I'll never fall in love
In a restless world like this is
Love is ended before it's begun
And too many moonlight kisses
Seem to cool in the warmth of the sun

When I give my heart it will be completely
Or I'll never give my heart
And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.

And the moment I can feel that you feel that way too
Is when I fall in love with you.
~ Victor Young

I learned everything I needed to know about love from old black and white movies on American Movie Classics (AMC) and the lyrics in famous love songs. When I heard one of my favorite singer’s of all time, Nat King Cole, perform his cover version of Victor Young’s When I Fall in Love--- that was it! I knew LOVE was for me.

So quite naturally, when I fell in love with my first boyfriend, at 15 years old, I just knew it would be forever. After all, in every black and white movie I had ever seen, when to people fell in love, even if there was a period of separation, they stayed in love---forever!

Needless to say I found out, the hard way, I did NOT know everything I needed to now about love. In the real world, love is not scripted like the scene in a movie, it not as smooth as the timbre in Nat King Cole’s voice, and I and my EX-boyfriend were not actors playing the role of forever loves.
Right about the time my EX-boyfriend broke my heart, at the tender age of 18 years old, I should have remembered the final line in Victor Young’s song.
…And the moment that I feel that you feel that way too, is when I fall in love with you.

In relationships love should be reciprocal. Love should be felt and shown by each side. Before you decide to fall in love and give your heart completely, you should be clear on 2 things:

Be confident that you are placing your love and heart in good hands.

Be confident that the recipient feels the same way, and that they are willing to express those feelings through mutual exchanges of affection, desire and kindness.

If you go into your next relationship with just those 2 things in mind, you will avoid wasting precious time and avoid the pain of heartache.


To Blog...Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment