Pages

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Where It All Began...

The story of my journey to whole life development starts with my first major life goal. I was 10 years old, living in a public housing development, or the projects, with my granny when I made my first intentional decision. I wanted to get out of the projects and stay out. So, I set a goal to graduate high school, graduate college, and get a job that would pay me enough money to live in a house far away from the hood. Setting that major life goal kept me off the streets, away from boys, and focused on my intentions.

The success of achieving that goal is a direct result of the Principle of Intentional Decision Making™. I will go over that principle, in detail, with the person that I choose to work with to begin their journey to achieve a major life goal, for the next 4 months. But for those of you that will be working diligently on your own to leave 2010 with no regrets, I want you to keep this in mind.

When deciding where to focus your efforts, you should begin with a clear statement of intention. What do you want to reasonably accomplish within the next 4 months?

At 10 years old, all I knew for sure is that I wanted to live some where else. That’s it.
This is the apartment I grew up in.
That choice---that statement of intention is where it all began. And that is a good place for you to start.


To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment