Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Skip the Introductions

Begin with the end in mind, and you won’t need to begin again

I have been writing the same book for the last 8 years, she says to me. She corrected herself and began again by saying---I have been trying to write the same book for 8 years and honestly, I can’t get past introduction. I know what I want to say, but I am having a hard time getting it out.

I ask her---what is it about?

She spent 5 minutes explaining the circumstances that led her to write the book and at least 10 minutes detailing the characters, plot, and conclusion of her book.
When she finally stopped speaking, I said to her---why don’t you just write that?

Moral of the story…
Sometimes you can’t get so caught up in the details surrounding the start of your goal that you loose sight of what you set out to accomplish.

The Remedy…
Begin your next diet, relationship, or book with the end in mind and skip the introductions.

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment