Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mission Assessments

If you have not figured it out by now, let me be the first to tell you that I AM ON A MISSION.
There is a place that I need to be…a dream that I must realize…and a purpose that I must fulfill. I am one of those people. You know…the people that believe that everyone is here for a reason. People are not just furniture to dress up the earth. Flowers, trees, and beautifully positioned mountains do a great job at that. If you are in a body, you are occupying space. You can live your life being a useful agent of success…OR…you can choose to be wasted space.

To ensure that I am on task with my mission I do what I call a Weekly Mission-Assessment. At the start of my mission I wrote down a mission statement. A mission statement should simply state what you wish to accomplish and how you will go about it.

Mission Statement Example:
I will fulfill my goal of writing my first book. I will write for 20 minutes every night at 7pm until my book is complete.

Once I began the mission, I sat down every Sunday night to determine the rate of my progress. I compiled a check list and held myself accountable to it. What ever I said I was going to do I assessed whether or not I actually did it. Simple…right? My Weekly Mission Assessments keeps me on schedule, hold me accountable to my goal, and allows me to keep track of my progress.

Perform your own Weekly Mission Assessments. This will empower you to stay on task and ensure that you are not just wasted space. You have a purpose and you can fulfill it…if you so choose.

To Blog…Nakeia

2 comments:

  1. UGH!!! I want and need to do this!!!

    Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;-) Bianca!!! It is a MUST DO for people who are as busy as you are! It has helped me in EVERY area of my life...from prayer and reading to working out. Start with 20 minutes of "mission work" and that book of yours will be written in no time!(cause I know you have a book in you)

    Let me know how it works for ya!

    ReplyDelete