Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Frustrate...Frustrated...Frustration...

I am one that does not like to have a word present in my vocabulary without knowing the proper way to use. So since I have heard the word frustrated use a lot lately…mostly coming from my own mouth…I decided to brush up on the meaning of the word.

So here it is…

Frustrate: To make ineffectual, to bring to nothing, to produce feelings of discouragement

Frustrated: Feeling deep insecurity, balked in some endeavor

Frustration: Chronic state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs

So…with that said...it means exactly what I thought it meant and fact still remains…MY LIFE FRUSTRATES ME!!!

So…what am I going to do about it? Well…

I am going to encourage myself by focusing on the things I can control and stay on task with the things I intend to achieve.

I am going to secure my place in this journey of development by continuing to be intentional and move forward with maximum capacity.

Finally, I am going to take the time to settle any resolved problems and find a way to fulfill my needs.

Sounds simple…right? That is because most things in life are just that simple. We complicate things by investing unfocused energy into what frustrates us instead of focusing our energy on the actions that we have to ability to take to dispel the frustration. As for the things that are beyond our control, limit your exposure to it. The people, places, and things that are in your life exist because you allow it; such as your spouse, friends, job, residence, etc. If any of those people or things frustrates you on a consistent basis, then it may be time to consider their place in your life.

As for me, will I get frustrated again? Probably…however now…I have an active plan to dispel it.

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment