Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

A Moment of Gratitude...

Finances, marriage, children, health, houses, cars, and jobs…there is so much to concern ourselves with. There are so many roles and so much responsibility riding on our shoulders. Day after day I personally wonder if I will be able to handle it all. I wonder when my next opportunity will come and if I am doing enough to maintain sustain my marriage, child, and my own personal wellness. Then I turn on National Geographic Channel and see how parents in Mauritania are force-feeding their daughters to fatten them up so that they appear more desirable to men. I see parents at Saint Jude praying through tears for their children’s health. I see a spike in the divorce rate that was already at its worst. I heard about a woman that I went to high school with being buried after loosing a battle with breast cancer.

…Then it is all put into perspective…

For every complaint I waste my breath on, there is someone…somewhere taking their last breath…

Use just one breath today expressing your gratitude for something good in your life. You have your health, a job, a child that is in good health, a husband to hug, a wife to kiss…you may not have it all, but there is someone…somewhere that has nothing.

Make today a day of gratitude…

To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment