Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Night Dinners...

Today is Friday...the day that my husband and I stand around for about an hour, going back and forth over one specific major life decision. For the life of me, I don't know why this decision is so hard for us. I mean Friday comes around every 7 days, so we have plenty of time to prepare. However, without fail, we continue to go back and forth something like this:

Husband: What do you want do you want to eat?
Me: I don't know. What do you want to eat?
Husband: I don't know. Whatever you want to eat.
Me: Well, I cook every~ single~day! Can't you just decide?
Husband: You're the picky one. Tell me what you want and that's what I'll eat.
Me: I DON'T KNOW!! Just decide.
Husband: Pizza?
Me: No, I don't want pizza.
Husband: I thought you said just decide.
Me: Well, don't decide on something you know I don't want.
Husband: Well, what do you want?
Me: Ugh...I DON'T KNOW!

...this will go on for an hour, or more, until we end up just eating pizza.
Decision making can a be difficult thing...even the decisions we make over Friday night dinners. But, choices must be made. Intentional and strategic decisions are the foundation of a successful business, marriage, mind, body...ultimately, the success of your entire life will depend upon the decisions you make today.
It may take you a second, an hour, or even a week to decide on something as trivial as Friday night dinners. However, when you think of the long term effects eating pizza, once a week, might have on the future of your health, that decision does seem so trivial after all.
This weekend, begin a routine of intentional and strategic decision making. This may not come easy to most. It may take you a second, an hour, or even weeks to make one choice. Just keep in mind that the decision you make today, will directly effect the success of your tomorrow.

To Blog...Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment