Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Quick Word of Advice...

I believe that the people around me would agree that I am honest, loyal, dependable, and a person of my word. But…I came to conclusion, many years ago, that everyone is not like me…

It upsets me to hear that someone has been hurt by a friend, or is at a loss in business because a non-paying client. BUT…I believe that if you have been hurt at the hands of someone else, there were signs along the way warning you of what was to come…

For instance, you have a lying friend. You have witnessed, with your own hears, your friend lying to someone else. You think to yourself, at that very moment, wow…I can’t believe she just lied. Then, a few months pass and you are completely shocked when that same friend lies to you. Shocked…really?!? (True Story)

Here’s another example. You have a client that haggles you down to a very uncomfortable price…AND….when it’s time to pay, he only has a portion of the money. BUT…he has assured you that when Friday comes, he will have the rest of your money. Friday comes and he pays you. Then a few months pass and that same client comes to you again…haggle-ing you down to a very uncomfortable price. You agree, he complains about not having the money…gives you a portion…Friday comes…BUT…this time he does not have the rest of your money. AND, you my dear…are completely shocked?!?! Shocked…really?!? (True story)

I have a quick word of advice for you today via a very wise poet…

Believe people when they show you who they are the FIRST time ~Maya Angelou

To Blog…Nakeia

1 comment:

  1. i read ur blog 'lessons from life'.i too am a student of life.do visit my blog 'happinessandrelationship.blogspot.com'....
    i have identified some universal laws of happiness and laws of relationships etc.will wait for your comments.

    ReplyDelete