Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

One Step At A Time...

It would be great to want something, put forth the effort to get it, and immediately experience success. Right? Wrong! That is just not how life works. I am still trying to figure out why...and if you figure it out before me...please, let me in on it.

As a mother of a thriving 5 year old, I have come to realize the importance of the process behind success. My daughter learned to tie her shoes at 2 1/2 years old. It took her several weeks to learn, but when she succeeded, it was one of the biggest moments in her young life. She was most proud of the steps she learned to master the art of shoe tying. So, for at least the next 30 days she would say mom, wanna see me tie my shoe...and she would proudly tie her shoes, one step at a time.

According to Webster, a process is a series of actions or operations conducing to an end. That is, everything that happens before the thing that you want to happen...actually happens. The actions necessary to succeed will be the foundation upon which lastly success is built. For example, once my daughter learned the process of tying shoes and became successful at it, she welcomed the process of mastering bike riding, cartwheels, and handwriting.

Sometimes it takes years to succeed at what took a second to conceive. That is just the way it is. What is most important is that you learn to master the steps it takes to achieve the success you desire. Embrace the process and use it to fuel your future success.


To Blog...Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment