Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

You Got Talent?

There is something that you are really good at. There are skills and talents that you have been gifted with. Maybe you can sing, write, paint, cook, bake, decorate, garden, or encourage others. What ever that gift is, you are in possession of it for a reason. Just ask one of the contestants from America’s Got Talent. You know…the show that allows people who can swallow fire, walk on their head, and juggle knives, to have their 15 minutes of fame.

I have said time and time again that I am going to exercise every ability, talent, and skill that I have. Some of the things I can do like writing and empowering others, I make money doing. Then there are things like photography, cooking, and professional shopping (I made that one up), that I do to expand who I am as a person. Those things bring me joy, keep me productive even on my days off, and enhance my personal development (yes…even the shopping). Just for the record, if I thought I could go on a reality show, and win some money just by showing America what I do every weekend, I wouldn’t hesitate!

This weekend, shift the focus from what you do to make money (career), and focus on what you do to just be true to you. This weekend you have my permission to be self-centered. Take some time to do what you love to do. If you have not yet identified your talents or gifts, just think about the things you do when you are not working. Ask your closest family and friends what they think you are good at. Once you have discovered your talent, spend some time developing it. By engaging in activities that you are inherently good at, you build upon your skill set, enhance your personal development, and consistently live a productive life. And…who knows, maybe you can sign on to star in the next big reality talent show.


To Blog…Nakeia

No comments:

Post a Comment